[ncdnhc-discuss] 2002 1st Adcom Meeting Report!

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Tue Mar 12 16:20:19 CET 2002

At 10:08 PM 3/11/2002 -0500, KathrynKL at aol.com wrote:
>sorry to comment belatedly, but the comment below is inaccurate.

Your note confirms that the focus of the statement was correct:  whether a
non-profit is internet oriented is irrelevant.

>   In our bylaws, if your members are in another constituency, then as an
> organization, you do not belong here.

The bylaws have a restriction concerning organization membership in
NCDNHC.  It has no restriction concerning the selection of representatives
by member organizations.  As noted, folks need to be careful that they do
not co-opt the legitimate freedom an organization should have to choose its
representatives.

It is also worth noting that no one has yet explained the actual
justification for fears of so-called conflict of interest concerning choice
of representative.

d/

Dave Crocker  <mailto:dcrocker at brandenburg.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253;  (new)fax +1.408.850.1850