[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: [ncdnhc-announce] 2002 1st Adcom MeetingReport!

James Love love at cptech.org
Fri Mar 8 03:37:12 CET 2002

1.  First, when the Ad Com meets, would it be possible to have some prior
notice for the NCC membership?
2.  Could there be some indication of what the adcom will do when it meets
(an agenda), so that members of the NCC can at least express an opinion
before the Ad Com makes all of these decisions on our behalf?
3.  From the message you posted earlier, it does not appear as if only Ad
Com members can serve on all the TF that the Ad Com filled.   And of course,
you appointed some non-ad com members, like Milton, who is no longer on the
Ad Com.
4.  I would appreciate some comment on the obligation of "our" task force
members to communicate with the NCC about the positions that "we" have
taken.  For example, I would like to know what "our" positions are on the
.org TF.

All of this complaining about other parts of ICANN will be more persuasive
if the NCC is more transparent and accountable, in the same "bottom up" way
that Harold's proposed resolution calls for.

Jamie

  PS.... do you really think there was no one in the NCC membership that may
be been tapped for these various TF positions?