[ncdnhc-discuss] Comments on draft 7.

KathrynKL at aol.com KathrynKL at aol.com
Thu Mar 7 14:25:20 CET 2002

Joop:  even when the At Large self-organizes, it does not become a
"Supporting Organization" in the sense used in the ICANN structure.
Supporting Organizations, or "SOs" or "Organizations" as we are using them in
ICANN are organizations with defined structures, constituencies,
responsibilities, and authorities.

An At Large SO would get all the negatives of being a Supporting
Organizations (particularly tremendous reduction in Board seats) with none of
the benefits that I can see.  It seems to be a way to eliminate the impact of
the public.

On this matter, I also agree with Raul's recent comments.

regards, kathy kleiman/acm-igp