[ncdnhc-discuss] Task force representatives

James Love love at cptech.org
Tue Mar 5 14:28:36 CET 2002

Thanks much.

1.  I would like in the future to have some understanding about how the NCC
selects its members, how the NCC reps on a TF consult with the NCC, etc.
The NCC reps are supposted to represent the NCC, and it would be useful to
have some dialogue once in a while about what is going on in the various
TFs, and to find out how the NCC votes are being cast.   Sometimes this
happens, and sometimes it does not happen.   Maybe we could start with a
brief comment from each of the existing NCC/TF members about what is
happening.

2.  Having the NCC TF Rep's  names on the NCC web page would be useful, if
this is not already done.

3.   Might be good to have an understanding that the opening would be
discussed in the group before a decision was made as to who could serve.
Also, I think anyone in the NCC should be able to nominate someone or
volenteer to serve.   From Phil Sheppard's list it appears as though there
is only one person, Raul Echebarria, who is not on the Adcom, which seems a
waste of the NCC talent.    Was Raul from an earlier Ad Com or something?
Adam Peak earlier nominated myself and one other non Adcom member to serve
on the group looking at the new TLDs, a topic I find important.   I would
like there to be a new look at the members of this TF, for example, and be
interested in what has happened so far.

4.    Who picks the TF Reps?  The Adcom?

5.   Is this the complete list?

6.  Can we also propose new task forces, from the "bottom up?"

   Jamie