Fw: [ncdnhc-discuss] NC rep election

Dany Vandromme vandrome at renater.fr
Tue Mar 5 07:49:06 CET 2002

James Love wrote:

> [...]
-
Hi Jamie
My position is clear:

Because the vote was not properly conducted by the voting officers, I do
not trust the vote process.

Furthermore, the tie vote, as suggested by Milton, is a patch, which was
even not discussed by the adcom (there are two other members who were
properly ignored in the whole process). They keep being ignored when
they ask questions.

Last point, a tie vote would be a new game with a voting base completely
different from the main election, in terms of vote motivation. To be
fair, such a vote, because of the new voting base, should allow the two
candidates to have another week for statements and discussion, before
the vote starts.

When I accepted my nomination, it was in the context of predefined
voting rules with a closed voting list before the vote started. We are
now too far from that. In fact I think that no-one would accept to
participate to a vote when rules are not set in advance.

Therefore I will not participate anymore to this fantasy, which aims
only to complete the previous misconduct, by providing names to the NC,
whatever the election process is.

I must admit that I may have a different view about voting rules and
organisation than others. By no way, this is a field for games and improvisations.

I informed already Erick Iriarte about my position.

As a side effect, I guess that Marc Schneiders, will be fully entitled
to participate to the adcom, as EU representative.

Regards

Dany
-

Dany VANDROMME                    |  Directeur du GIP RENATER

                Reseau National de Telecommunications
         pour la Technologie, l'Enseignement et la Recherche

                                  |  ENSAM
Tel   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 30     |  151 Boulevard de l'Hopital
Fax   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 31     |  75013 Paris
E-mail: Dany.Vandromme at renater.fr |  FRANCE