Blokzijl (Re: COI (was Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] nomcom))

t byfield tbyfield at panix.com
Tue Jun 25 08:51:41 CEST 2002

apisan at servidor.unam.mx (Mon 06/24/02 at 06:15 PM -0500):

> while this is working, do you have any specific proposals that actually
> relate to domain name policy? these are good days to address them...

no, i don't. along with many others, i have a long-standing set of
questions about blokzijl's potential conflict of interest -- which,
i will add, has *compounded* since these concerns were first aired
(cf. his membership on the board of Organic Names).

alejandro, i've seen with my own eyes how the ICANN board and blok-
zijl in particular handled his recusal at MDR2K: dyson wasn't aware
that he had recused himself, and he not only remained on the dais
but clearly indicated his preferences during a discussion. if this
is how he handles recusal, i'd hate to see how he'd handle a situ-
ation in which he *should have* recused himself -- which, given his
various involvements in .org discussions and applications, is what
he should have done already.

please stop trying to sidestep the question with solicitous excuses
about repopulating the COI committee and red herrings. i'm a member
of this constuency, and along with several other members have ex-
pressed serious concern about this possible COI. you immediately
leapt into the initial discussion with a carte blanche defense of
blokzijl, but failed to answer my question about whether you were
speaking as an NCDNHCer or as a boardmember. since then, you have
said that the COI committee was being restocked. it's been stack^W
i mean *stocked* now -- so what are you doing to do? and when?

cheers,