[ncdnhc-discuss] WLS proposal

Barbara Simons simons at acm.org
Mon Jun 17 22:30:41 CEST 2002

Jamie,
What do you mean by "accurate" whois data?  Does this mean that you support
HR 4640, which would make it a felony to provide inaccurate information,
even including address info of the domain name holder?  I'm sure you
appreciate the privacy implications of requiring domain name owners, eg
parents who have purchased domain names for their kids, to provide their
physical addresses.
Barbara
P.S.  While it's important that accurate whois information be provided for
the technical contact, I see no compelling reason for providing accurate
address information about the owner of the domain name.