[ncdnhc-discuss] ISOC to bid on .org

Joop Teernstra terastra at terabytz.co.nz
Sun Jun 9 07:45:27 CEST 2002

At 08:03 p.m. 8/06/2002 -0700, Dave Crocker wrote:

>Since the problem is purely a red herring, you won't have any difficulty
>providing that proof, will you?

I said the problem of potential non-representative mass Domain Name
registrations for the purpose of creating voting rights was a red herring.
(even if a tasty one for Registrars)
I indicated ways of how it can be made a non-problem.

>The alternative suggests a failure to understand the difference between
>designing a complex social process on paper, versus making it work
>successfully in the real world.

If any people understand that difference it is those who have both tried a
design and failed in making it work. A truly enlightening experience in
realpolitik.

But surely you agree that design must precede the "making it work".

Do you have anything constructive to add about the design?
Or is that outside the scope of your and Kent's job here?

--Joop