[ncdnhc-discuss] ISOC to bid on .org

Joop Teernstra terastra at terabytz.co.nz
Sun Jun 9 03:38:15 CEST 2002

On 09:11 a.m. 8/06/2002 -0700, Kent Crispin said:

>As you know, in my opinion the ALSC (and the NAIS) simply ignored the
>issues of difficulties with elections, and I have documented that pretty
>thoroughly.  Using domain name registrants doesn't address the issues.
>Domain name registrations can be bought wholesale for $6;

This possible mass registration "problem" is a red herring that can easily
be overcome by building an initial voters registry that is
1. based on registrations that are at least 12 months old
2. applies a simple scrutiny process, like the provision of a name and a
residential address, to make reasonably (not 100%!) sure that all voters
are unique individuals.
3. has a certain minimum number of voters (5000?) to insure against sudden
capture by an organized group.

-Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
   interim webmaster
www.icannatlarge.com