[ncdnhc-discuss] ISOC to bid on .org

todd glassey todd.glassey at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 10 21:38:29 CEST 2002

The problem with the WHOIS data is that so much of it is bogus. Many many
domains are registered with fictitious names and addresses. One of my
favorites was one domain registered with its local address as an empty
field. The email address was a Yahoo one and disappeared right after the
domain was issued.

The problem is that the registrar's know that this is going on and without a
reason to change, they have no impetus to make sure that the domain name
contact points are real.

Todd