[ncdnhc-discuss] ISOC to bid on .org

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Sat Jun 8 02:27:56 CEST 2002

At 08:05 PM 6/7/2002 -0400, James Love wrote:
>     Dave, as I have said on many occasions, I am very pleased that Kent is
>active on this list,

Yes, you like to say that, but then you attack him and seek to undermine
the content of his contributions with irrelevant distractions.

>and wish that more ICANN staff members were.

And thank you for providing a nice example of that sort of effort to
undermine.  Kent's involvement has nothing to do with his relationship with
ICANN.

And you bloody well know that.  So citing it is just a childish ploy.

>  I don't think you can ignore issues of conflicts of interest,

You enjoy using that mantra, but have never been able to provide a cogent
explanation of its application to this sort of participation.

That's because the term does not apply.  Conflict of interest refers to
concern about those with special power, rather than having simple, general
membership.  Kent has no such special powers.  Nor do I.

But rather than deal with that reality, you would rather constantly utter
catch-phrases and then dodge defending their entirely inappropriate use.

>  and claim to be achampion of non-commercial domain holders.   Kent is an
> ICANN staff member.

You have dismissed his contributions for a lot longer than he has been
involved with ICANN.

So your use of that association, now, is just a ploy.  It has no
substance.  Nor does it have any integrity.

d/