[ncdnhc-discuss] ISOC to bid on .org

Alejandro Pisanty - DGSCA y FQ, UNAM apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Sat Jun 8 02:20:49 CEST 2002

Hi!

a salient characteristic of the CIRA election is that all voters have to
be domain-name holders under .ca.

If I remember well our constituency has strenuously opposed such a
condition for the at-large, and I have upheld the objection repeatedly. So
any comparison is somewhere between little-relevant and moot at least on
that basis. BTW the condition seems perfectly right to many in the better
defined realm of a ccTLD administration.

Alejandro Pisanty

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Director General de Servicios de Computo Academico
UNAM, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
Tel. (+52-55) 5622-8541, 5622-8542 Fax 5550-8540
http://www.dgsca.unam.mx
*
** 10 Aniversario de Internet Society - www.inet2002.org en Washington, DC
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, www.isoc.org