[ncdnhc-discuss] ISOC to bid on .org

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Fri Jun 7 20:07:47 CEST 2002

At 10:30 AM 6/7/2002 -0700, Kent Crispin wrote:
>On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 10:10:43AM -0700, Dave Crocker wrote:
> > At 12:35 PM 6/7/2002 -0400, James Love wrote:
> > >: Jamie, you are paid for yourinvolvement in ICANN.
> > >
> > >      Well, not by any outside funder.
> >
> > Oh?  You mean you are spending your personal money?
> >
> > No.  I didn't think so.
> >
> > You are paid by your job.  Your job gets it money from others.  (For
> > reference, that means it is "outside" money.)
> >
> > Hence, your time and money spent on ICANN work are your job.
> >
> > By contrast, Kent's time and money spend on ICANN work is his own,
> personal
> > time and money.
>
>I should correct Dave here, since there is a serious ambiguity in the
>term "ICANN work":

indeed.  i was relying on folks paying attention to the immediate context
of the discussion, which has to do with work within ICANN constituencies.

it was foolish of me to rely on that sort of responsible and careful
reading, from some of the readers of this list, so Kent's clarification was
of course appropriate.

d/