[ncdnhc-discuss] ISOC to bid on .org

Kent Crispin kent at songbird.com
Fri Jun 7 19:30:43 CEST 2002

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 10:10:43AM -0700, Dave Crocker wrote:
> At 12:35 PM 6/7/2002 -0400, James Love wrote:
> >: Jamie, you are paid for yourinvolvement in ICANN.
> >
> >      Well, not by any outside funder.
>
> Oh?  You mean you are spending your personal money?
>
> No.  I didn't think so.
>
> You are paid by your job.  Your job gets it money from others.  (For
> reference, that means it is "outside" money.)
>
> Hence, your time and money spent on ICANN work are your job.
>
> By contrast, Kent's time and money spend on ICANN work is his own, personal
> time and money.

I should correct Dave here, since there is a serious ambiguity in the
term "ICANN work": I of course do get paid by ICANN, since I am an ICANN
employee.  However, the time and money and effort I spend on the issues
discussed here are all my own and have been for years, and in fact it is
important that everyone realize that I do not in any way speak for ICANN
here.

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be
kent at songbird.com                          lonesome."  -- Mark Twain