[ncdnhc-discuss] nomcom

Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law froomkin at law.miami.edu
Thu Jun 6 17:31:12 CEST 2002

This is only a partial response, but among many other virtues, the nomcom
ought to have the following properties:

1. No one who sits on the Board has input to its composition (helps lessen
chance of capture, self-perpetuation of clique).

2. Members of the nomcom can't be on the board for a decent interval. (I
gather this is already accepted.)

3. It nomiminates by a system that allows minority preferences to be
reflected.  E.g. a weighted preference ballot rather than a
first-past-the-post system.  Otherwise a system that produced a nomcom of
five who favor vanilla and six who favor chocolate could produce a board
of all chocolate-lovers.