[ncdnhc-discuss] Second Status Report on Implementation of Evolution and Reform

J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin jefsey at club-internet.fr
Thu Jul 25 08:39:43 CEST 2002

Dear YJ Park,
I guess that if the ERC wanted assistance instead of support it would
behave differently. I am afraid that the only result of this attitude will
kill the consensus we consensually agreed the ICANN needed to  get out of
its smoke screen "by surprise management" crisis. The result is that most
probably the ICANN is to end up as an "ICANN meetings" organizer, with
little or no bearing on what is not the strict ".arpa" namespace
managerment. This will obviously fully confrom with the RFC 920 but it will
call for the ITU-I to be created at some stage, while ity could have been
the ITU-IANA.

The challenge we now have is to organize enough to get that ITU-I rolling
in a way it cooperates with the ailing Telecomunication industry, rather
than depending from it. Obvioulsy WorldCom helps a lot. But this will
happen through network expansion and innovation rather than by by-laws
discussions.
jfc