[ncdnhc-discuss] clarification (sort of) on ICANNatlarge.com and other ICANN "at-large" things

todd glassey todd.glassey at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jul 19 18:16:30 CEST 2002

Thanks Jefsey-
----- Original Message -----
From: "J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey at club-internet.fr>
To: <discuss at icann-ncc.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 3:41 PM
Subject: Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] clarification (sort of) on ICANNatlarge.com
and other ICANN "at-large" things

> Bravo, Todd. You are IMHO on the good track. The ICANN's difficulty is the
> transition from the ".arpa" culture to the international/multinational
> culture. We all share difficulties in that transition because some matters
> are local and others are netwide and multinationality is something new to
> individuals.
>
> Some also - as in the US case - have more impacts on the networl. But this
> is probably a temporary thing: coming to normal ways - such as a
> considering the local Internet communities - can only help the
> normalization of the whole ICANN.  But we should not in the process lose
> the multinational experience,  and should work out good relations among
> associations and real cross association specialized groups.
>
> The NCC certainly could be a good spot to try that, capitalizing on the
> existing ties and experience? We need local seeds, but wa are so few.
> Grandiose visions such the IDNO shown they are complex to develop.

The IDNO would then be a congress of the various Domain Owner/Operators
Association's... if it had its act together... See that is the real IDNO
win. Making the IDNO itself the point of contact rather than the regional
organizations is a bad idea I think as demonstrated by the several years
worth of infighting and wars between the IDNOP principals...

Todd