[ncdnhc-discuss] Request for cost ofAuerbach litigation denied

James Love james.love at cptech.org
Tue Jul 16 05:58:04 CEST 2002

Dave Crocker wrote:
> At 08:15 AM 7/9/2002 -0400, James Love wrote:
>
>> (http://www.icann.org/general/bylaws.htm#III) "The Corporation and its
>> subordinate entities shall operate to the maximum extent feasible in
>> an open
>> and transparent manner . . . "   Here was Stuart Lynn's reply:
>

> Jamie,
>
> What part of "on the advice of counsel" did you not understand?

Dave, I asked how much ICANN was spending on lawyers to litigate the
Auerbach case.  Stuart replies that the lawyers that are getting paid to
litigate the Auerbach case advise him not to disclose how much they are
getting paid.  Does this seem at all odd to you?

   Jamie

------
James Love, Consumer Project on Technology
http://www.cptech.org, mailto:love at cptech.org
voice: 1.202.387.8030; mobile 1.202.361.3040