NCDNHC - organizational conflict of interests. (Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] ICANN Board Solicits Input from NCC on .org Redelegation)

Thomas Roessler roessler at does-not-exist.org
Tue Jul 9 23:06:29 CEST 2002

Stuart, Harold, Milton,

there is a possibly grave conflict of interest with the NCDNHC
evaluating .org proposals which should, in my opinion, be
investigated carefully and thoroughly before any output from an
NCDNHC evaluation of .org proposals can be taken into account:

 - To what extent would member organizations of the NCDNHC profit
   from the suggestions in the individual proposals? (Besides
   "non-profits" profting generically from the proposal, of course.)

 - To what extend woult the NCDNHC as a whole profit from the
   suggestions in the individual proposals?

The second point is, in particular, applicable to the GNR proposal
which would basically secure travel funding for the NCDNHC.  In this
particular case, I'd VERY STRONGLY suggest that the constituency
SHOULD NOT participate in the proposal's evaluation, since it's
clearly an interested party.

(Note that I'm NOT AT ALL contesting the integrity of the
individuals involved with this.)

Kind regards,
--
Thomas Roessler                        <roessler at does-not-exist.org>