[ncdnhc-discuss] ICANN Board Solicits Input from NCC on .org Redelegation

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Tue Jul 9 22:37:14 CEST 2002

Good work, Harold. This is an important
form of recognition for the constituency.
I volunteer for the committee. I have already
circulated some ideas for evaluation criteria,
and have some experience with developing
evaluation methods from academic research.

I do not believe that the business relationship
between MAP and Benton compromises your
participation at all. Your organization has not
endorsed the Register.com bid, you have not endorsed
it personally, your organization is not part of the
bid, did not play a role in creating it, and would
not benefit from it in any way that I can discern.

Please note that Lynn is ONLY asking us to
evaluation parts 4, 5 and 6, dealing with levels
of support among noncommercial organizations,
differentiation of the domain, and responsiveness
to the noncommercial community.

One other point: I have just skimmed the comment
page for the .org bids. Modst expressions of support
are submitted by the applicants on behalf of organizations
they have arranged support from. I hope that NCDNHC
members who are not affiliated with a particular bid will express
some views when possible. I realize it is difficult and
time-consuming to go through the bids, but statements
that are made based on an ex post evaluation of
multiple bids have a lot more credibility than endorsements
made in advance of the submission - the latter kind of
endorsements are usually based on some kind of deal.
Even if you can't read all of the bids, if there is something
objectively good (or bad) about one of the bids you
read let us know.
--MM

>>> "Harold J. Feld" <hfeld at mediaaccess.org> 07/09/02 03:14PM >>>
I am pleased to forward a letter from Stuart Lynn.  In response to
expressions of interest by myself and others, the ICANN Board has
solicited input from the Consticuency on the .org redelegation.