[ncdnhc-discuss] INVOICES.

Norbert Klein norbert at forum.org.kh
Wed Jan 23 05:56:51 CET 2002

Thanks for bringing some more light into the mystery.

We talk a lot in ICANN etc. about the fact that there are people in this world
who do not have broadband access, and some of them (especially in countries
where the Internet is in the early stages of development) have to pay high
dial-up fees. A recent ITU report said that Cambodia has the highest
communication fees in the region.

And then ICANN sends out a 3 MB file for billing - this should never be done
again, if it really happened.

For whatever reason, I did not get it.

Now I went to see what is on
http://www.ncdnhc.org/docs/membership-fee/2001-list.html

Open Forum of Cambodia $25 paid (in Marina del Rey) and a difference of $25
against the invoice (which I never got). I paid $25 assuming that this was the
amount required from the Open Forum of Cambodia, a very small organization.

I never even got a receipt for the $25 actually in cash - but I am now happy to
see that they were booked.

Something is VERY WRONG in the way this matter is handled (I say so without
blaming anybody specifically - except for sending 3 MB files) - if we are on
the one hand faced with the question of losing our voting rights because NCDNHC
is not paying, and on the other we have people clamoring to get billed and to
get information where and how to send money.

Any comments or suggestions?

Norbert Klein
Open Forum of Cambodia
Phnom Penh/Cambodia