[ncdnhc-discuss] Competition and the ORG report

Jim Fleming jfleming at anet.com
Thu Jan 24 16:38:30 CET 2002

It was my impression that the "grand plan" (developed years ago)
was to take the $6 per year and divide it 6 ways, $1 per company
providing 1/6th of the "Registry" operations.

Assuming that the existing Registry is one of the six.....

It looks like the easiest way to divide up the .COM names
is to assign them to the 5 Registrars that have the best
price/performance, etc. They then become the "Registry",
each contributing part of the distributed resources (servers,etc.)
needed to make it all work. The Lame-D servers provide a layer
around the existing IPv4 providers.

http://www.dot-biz.com/IPv8/Papers/LameDCache/
2002 0:201 .COM
    http://www.dotster.com