[ncdnhc-discuss] Structure TF.

Raul Echeberria raul at inia.org.uy
Wed Jan 16 21:58:51 CET 2002

Dear friends:

The Chair of the Task Force, Philip Sheppard, offered a report draft to
comment.

Please see attached the document.

My first comments could be read in
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-str/Arc00/msg00083.html

I'd like to call your attention in the Dave's (GA rep. in the TF) proposal
which have been included in the draft report by the chair with this redaction.

--------

3. Policy support to the Board. Against an objective to provide policy
input to the Board, the TF recommends that the three members of the
proposed At-large administrative council are given membership of the DNSO
Names Council, and participate within that body exercising voting and other
policy-related privileges in the same way as the three representatives of
the DNSO constituencies.  (The three ALSO reps would have no vote in the
election of DNSO Board members).

This solves at a stroke three issues:
§       the likelihood of contradictory or confusing advise reaching the
Board from the DNSO and the ALSO
§       creating a clear mechanism for ALSO/DNSO policy interaction.
§       avoiding duplication by DNSO constituencies in policy work in both
the DNSO and ALSO.

Mechanistic details:
1. ALSO is formed and directly elects 6 Board members.
2. ALSO also elects 12 member Administrative Council (as ALSC proposal but
with an administrative role to organise the SO and outreach downwards on
policy)
3. ALSO Administrative Council selects 3 members (or the 3 top
geographically diverse of the directly-elected council election list)
appointed to Names Council to input on policy matters.
4. The individuals petitioning for an individual domain name holders
constituency within the DNSO are encouraged to participate in the ALSO and
become AL Administrative Council members and reps to the NC.
5. The GA reverts to its intended role of uniting all DNSO constituencies
(and expands to include the AL Administrative Council and NC reps).

---------

It is a new proposal which should be discussed in the constituency. My
first reaction is that there is a confusion in relation with the role of
the AL membership and the Individual Domain Name Holders representation in
domain name's related matters.

I suggest to read the concerns expressed by the IPC's representative about
this point in

http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-str/Arc00/msg00082.html

Wait for your comments.

Best Regards,