[ncdnhc-discuss] Payment

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Thu Jan 10 17:13:53 CET 2002

Carlos:
One thing I hope you and everybody here understands:
Not to pay DOES mean "no vote" for the NCDNHC as
a whole. The DNSO is demanding $15,000 from us. The
only way we have to raise it is through membership dues.
So if we don't receive any dues, we will get no vote in the Names
Council. Even if the constituency allows everyone to keep
voting in NCDNHC business, it won't matter because we
won't have any voice in the Names Council.

--MM

>>> Carlos Vera <cvera at interactive.net.ec> 01/10/02 07:12AM >>>
If it is difficult to pay 25 because there is no money or ways to do...So
put in an account  8 years of payment? In countries like Ecuador you need AT
LEAST $1000 to open an account and to MOVE the money for $500 in average
every month... or you must pay 1% for commission..

To open an account it's not a good Idea in our countries.

No international credit cards for all. So we need to have some mix of
solutions

My suggestion is:

1. You can pay 25 in cash if sometime you go to any Icann meeting (another
problem because in developing countries you have no money to travel), but
sometimes several of us go to Icann meeting so we can pay there.

2.Pay with credit card who have a credit card.

3. Get some fellow from developed countries to replace the payment of
developing countries. (You do this in organizations like ISOC)

4. Pay with services. For example do some task, help with something..

What MUST BE CLEAR is that NOT TO PAY MUST NO MEAN NO VOTE or no
participation at all.

Carlos Vera Quintana