[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: [ncdnhc-announce] ORG divestiture policy nears completion!

Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law froomkin at law.miami.edu
Sat Jan 5 00:56:33 CET 2002

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Don Heath wrote:
[lots chopped]

>  From much of what I have gleaned, it seems as though there is a concerted
> effort to draft a document that specifically would exclude ISOC.  ISOC, of

Huh?  First I ever heard of this one!  Isn't ISOC "non-commercial and
non-profit"? So how would the current draft exclude it?  Or do you mean
the registrar people who oppose the current draft oppose ISOC (they don't
talk much to me anyway, so I suppose that's possible...)?

> Well, wait a minute.  Suppose a non profit organization decided to enter
> the fray, they were selected, and then found themselves in a position where
> the registrants voted out the senior management provided by the selected
> organization.  I can tell you that any entity desiring to be selected as
> the sponsoring organization for the .ORG registry, would be at least
> slightly frightened by such logic.

To whom *should* it be accountable?  (Assume "no one" is a bad answer).

> This is VERY exclusive and looks as though it was designed to fit some
> organization that is yet to be formed!?!?!

Not everyone is as manipulative as the ICANN incorporator.

--
		Please visit http://www.icannwatch.org
A. Michael Froomkin   |    Professor of Law    |   froomkin at law.tm
                      -->It's NOT warm here.<--