[ncdnhc-discuss] ccSO

Chun Eung Hwi ehchun at peacenet.or.kr
Sun Jan 6 23:26:36 CET 2002

Dear Milton Mueller and others,

First, I am sorry for making a comment on this too lately and at the time
when .org divesture has been a focus of discussion.

Your expression of "more federalist model" is exactly relevant for my
argument for ccTLDs. However, I don't fully agree with your opinion - that
many ccTLD representatives advocate reactionary policies, for example,
strict limits on new TLDs (to protect themselves). Because I think that if
any, to take such position seems to be understandable when the present
structure of ICANN's decision making is not well balanced and not
effectively coordinated and truly lacks bottom-up. If ICANN could have
more federalist structure, those problems you have just pointed out could
be relatively easily resolved.

Regards,

Chun Eung Hwi

Chun Eung Hwi
General Secretary, PeaceNet | phone:     (+82) 2- 583-3033
Seoul Yangchun P.O.Box 81   |   pcs:     (+82) 019-259-2667
Seoul, 158-600, Korea       | eMail:   ehchun at peacenet.or.kr