[ncdnhc-discuss] Consumer Protection resolution

Milton Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Sun Feb 10 04:33:04 CET 2002

>>> "James Love" <love at cptech.org> 02/09/02 00:59 AM >>>
> Milton, is this the task force that only members of > the NC can serve on? Has this restriction changed?

Yes. We can appoint non-NC constituency members
to a NC Task Force now.

> And can the membership of the NCC have a
> say on who represents it on these task forces,
> or must all of these decisions be made by the Adcom
> without input from the membership?

Formally, it's up to the NC members. They can and
should ask for _input_ from the membership, but I
personally would not favor holding an election every
time such an appointment has to be made - we usually
don't have time for that. Don't underestimate the
time demands on NC members. The whole point of
electing representatives is to empower them to make
decisions for us.