[ncdnhc-discuss] Nominating Adam Peake

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Wed Feb 6 16:46:01 CET 2002

At 08:11 AM 2/6/2002 -0500, James Love wrote:
>Kent.  Having taking a staff position at ICANN, I suggest you stop
>voting and particpating in the affairs of the DNSO, which is a governing
>body for ICANN.  I think it is pretty basic that the staff should not be
>voting in the governing bodies.

governing?

Not quite, James.

The DNSO is tasked with:  "assist, review and develop recommendations".

That is a very long way from governing.

And while we are considering the inflated view of the NCDNHC, please
describe exactly what the "conflict of interest" dangers are.  What,
exactly, is the distortion of outcomes that you fear and how, exactly,
could Kent's participation achieve that distortion?

d/