[ncdnhc-discuss] Nominating Adam Peake

Dany Vandromme vandrome at renater.fr
Wed Feb 6 14:49:56 CET 2002

Marc Schneiders wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, at 14:19 [=GMT+0100], Dany Vandromme wrote:
>
> > James Love wrote:
> > >
> > > Kent.  Having taking a staff position at ICANN, I suggest you stop
> > > voting and particpating in the affairs of the DNSO, which is a governing
> > > body for ICANN.  I think it is pretty basic that the staff should not be
> > > voting in the governing bodies.
> > -
> > Jamie
> > Nomination and voting are slightly different.
>
> Is this really the case? I would think (but am open to correction) that
> only those who have voting rights, can nominate and second. Could this be
> officially clarified by the AdCom?
>
> Marc
-
1) Agree with Jamie. This needs to be correctly formalized (C o I), but
it has not been done so, so far in the NCDNHC charter. Therefore, Adcom
is working "at best" for this current election.

2) The final voting list has not been established yet (should be done
to-morrow), because we needs to make the synthesis of the membership. I
maintain that allowing a broad input for nomination is not against
democracy. I tend to prefer having excess rather lack of candidates in
any election. Then voting members need to make right choice!
-