[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: [ncdnhc-announce] [Draft Agenda] Ghana NCDNHC meeting on March 11

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Fri Feb 8 12:24:43 CET 2002

>Dear members,
>
>NCDNHC AdCom members here present the draft agenda
>for Accra meeting which was agreed by attended AdCom
>members during Feb. 7 2002 teleconference. Minutes will
>be avaialble soon.
>
>NCDNHC AdCom.

>Date: March 11, Monday
>Place: La Palm Beach Hotel
>Chair: 2001 NC members
>
>1. Report on 2002 Election result
>     - Membership fee payment update

I think it may also be helpful to discuss sliding fee scale where
organizations from stronger economies pay more.

e.g. $200 for small organizations from countries with GDP per capita
in (PPP US$), 1999, above $15,000/per annum
<http://www.undp.org/hdr2001/indicator/indic_13_1_1.html>

Recognize that many small non-commercial organizations have little
money, but $50 for many others is really not a lot. So same with
others who can't pay, if you can't pay make your case to the Adcom.

>     - The updated list of NCDNHC voting members
>     - New Names Council and AdCom members
>
>Chair: 2002 NC members
>
>2.. Report from 2001 AdCom
>     - Task Force Transition from 2001 NC to 2002 NC
>     - Show Cause Notice from ICANN:Outstanding Dues
>     - Any other issues
>
>3. Discussion on (NCDNHC Resolutions)
>     Conflicts of interest(Jamie Love)
>     2002 At-Large election*

One issue, membership fees:

How much?
Can we have a global scale?
Is there time to locally organize so that fees can be set and
collected locally?
How to deal with transaction costs of pay fees in US$.

>     ccSO and ICANN Structure*
>     .ORG divestiture*
>     Any other resolutions*

Do we need resolutions? I mean is this the right format for leading
discussion? We don't need resolution just to fill the time available!

We do need to discuss charter revisions, perhaps the meeting is a
good place to hammer so stuff out?

>     * Please note that we are expecting resolutions.
>
>4. Cross-talk with the other constituencies

This would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Adam