[ncdnhc-discuss] Names Council agenda item request: discussionof wholesale price for names

J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin jefsey at club-internet.fr
Fri Aug 30 15:08:01 CEST 2002

On 16:22 29/08/02, todd glassey said:
>Jefsey - you are totally wrong here - You are looking at specific issues
>with the operating process but have neglected any number of critical issues
>to make this comment.  See my retort to Ken for details.

I do not think so. We are basically saying the same thing here as far as I
understand. There is a system which must work and which needs money. The
existing scheme is inapropriate: there is no need to explain why, we can
all see it.

There are many ways to analyse its errors. Our common diagnosys, as far as
I read you, is that money is at the wrong place. What you say is logic and
true in term of sales. What I say is also true in terms oif product.

Basically you say how one can better sell Ford cars. I say how we have to
build them better (please
see my response to Hendrik on this). And we need both an more to revive the
busines. The internet business is developping in terms of users, but is
developing in term of usage per user and where (would not that "where"
better served through more appropriate solutions?)

The whole system has been made unstable in bluring the border between
information management and relations support: the "ancillary" functions
which are far more complex than expected. Again Congress - which is the
leader here unless EU decides to take over - has permitted tuning we need,
through the "advanced services" left open definition.

As noted on the IETF list, the problem is not to change the technology, but
the mind of the people.
jfc