[ncdnhc-discuss] Names Council agenda item request: discussionof wholesale price for names

todd glassey todd.glassey at worldnet.att.net
Thu Aug 29 16:21:02 CEST 2002

Kent - you and likely many others missed the point totally. DNS and BIND are
only part of what Registrars do and the overhead of having to "add other
tasks" to the registrars totally changes the costing models of operating a
Registrar as a business.

What really blows my mind is that so few people technical people have any
idea what running a business costs. And as to the overhead of running the
actual DNS services, these are provided by the Registry itself which for all
intents and purposes is where the DNS Management overhead is really felt.

More inline below.