[ncdnhc-discuss] Names Council agenda item request: discussion of wholesale price for names

Iliya Nickelt-Czycykowski iczycykowski at aip.de
Wed Aug 28 12:08:12 CEST 2002

On 27 Aug 2002 at 15:57, Harold J. Feld wrote:
> If there is interest by the consticuency, I will raise it.

In favour.
I agree to Adams thoughts. They'll love it, but that's what we are
there for. The longer we wait for new TLDs, the greater the need
for a review.

> Can we have some mechanism for taking a vote on this question?
> We can get it qued up in time for Board consideration for
> Shanghai if we act.

Shall we ran it up a flagpole and see who salutes? Do a temperature
check using a straw man? Sorry, I'm running out of my "Dilbert-
English". Let's just have a few more mails in favour, shall we?

	--iliya (yea, alive)

> Adam Peake wrote:
> > People getting agitated, it almost seems as if there's an issue
> > here. Wonder if ICANN should be encouraged to review it's current
> > wholesale price mechanism :-)
> >
> > Milton, I do not think it's realistic to expect any significant
> > number of new TLDs anytime soon. And probably no new open TLDs
> > anytime. Period (I am not saying I think this is a good thing.)
> > While I think you might be right about competition generally, I
> > can't see it happening.
> >
> > I think a  review would be extremely sensible. It would be hard to
> > do well and would be something of a test for the efficacy reformed
> > organization.  And a review might be fun to watch!
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Adam

[lots of boring flames cut because innocent electrons were harmed.]