[ncdnhc-discuss] One suggestion for .ORG TF participant!

Alejandro Pisanty - DGSCA y FQ, UNAM apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Sun Apr 28 03:24:41 CEST 2002

James,

maybe a better turn for this discussion would be to focus it on building a
proposal for how better to do the RFP and the selection of a .org
operator. To begin with, it would be helpful to clearly delineate the
concerns, and a way to approach each of them.

It seems that your experience, applicable here, coincides with what
emerges as one of your main concerns, ie avoid anticompetitive and
consumer-harming behaviour. Could you help us out with integral proposals
that go the way Kent correctly points to, ie the details?

I hope taking this route reduces the fury and channels the debate to an
outcome that can influence decisions. I would also see it as due
preparation for the constituency to be able to comment on the RFP or any
other documents as they go out for public discussion.

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Director General de Servicios de Computo Academico
UNAM, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
Tel. (+52-55) 5622-8541, 5622-8542 Fax 5550-8405
http://www.dgsca.unam.mx
*
** 10 Aniversario de Internet Society - www.inet2002.org en Washington, DC
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, www.isoc.org