[ncdnhc-discuss] Announcement of TF Participants!

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Fri Apr 19 16:47:49 CEST 2002

>>> <love at tap.org> 04/19/02 08:05AM >>>
> One issue is that YJ is involved off and on with commercial companies
> that want to run TLDs for a profit.... and that does raise issues with
> her representing domain name holders....  YJ herself brought this up to
> Lynn in Accra, he responded then by blocking her from attending his
> meeting.

On the task force:
Marilyn Cade is the representative of AT&T, a commercial company.
Geoff Huston and David Conrad, both great technical people,
work for Telstra and Nominum, respectively. Michael Helzer
represents commercial trademark interests. I have no objection
to any of these people being involved. But I see no ethical
distinction between their involvement and YJ's.

Thus, while I agree with you that YJ's various involvements
are problematical, it is so typical of ICANN to single her out,
as a dissident, and ignore it in other cases.