[ncdnhc-discuss] Decentalization proposal for ICANN Evolution and Reform

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Fri Apr 5 00:44:36 CEST 2002

At 04:34 PM 4/4/2002 -0600, Alejandro Pisanty - DGSCA y FQ, UNAM wrote:
>Personally I remain open to the idea of decentralization (as you say, it
>is an appealing word), and even more open to carrying the idea through
>consequently to see if and how it is really viable).

Alejandro,

Ultimately I suspect that discussion of proposals will be greatly aided by
two things:

1.  An accompanying statement of efficacy.  What problem needs to be solved
and why should anyone believe the proposal will solve it?

2.  Implementation details.  The difference between a general idea and the
details that instantiate it are vast.

Your own note highlights this latter point.  Figuring out the details of
coordination is not nearly as simple a task as many would like to believe.

d/