[ncdnhc-discuss] Decentalization proposal for ICANN Evolution and Reform

Alejandro Pisanty - DGSCA y FQ, UNAM apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Fri Apr 5 00:34:18 CEST 2002

Dear Dave,

in following the thread about decentralization, the question that remains
for me is: if you decentralized (eg making address, protocol, and names
issues separate, or controlling TLDs regionally), what would be the nature
of the agency or body that kept things coordinated?

One guess: international, private-sector or private-public partnership,
bottom-up, consensus-based... Heard it before?

Personally I remain open to the idea of decentralization (as you say, it
is an appealing word), and even more open to carrying the idea through
consequently to see if and how it is really viable).

Yours,

Alx

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Director General de Servicios de Computo Academico
UNAM, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
Tel. (+52-55) 5622-8541, 5622-8542 Fax 5550-8405
http://www.dgsca.unam.mx
*
** 10 Aniversario de Internet Society - www.inet2002.org en Washington, DC
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, www.isoc.org