[ncdnhc-discuss] Board Positions on .ORG

James Love james.love at cptech.org
Tue Apr 2 12:52:07 CEST 2002

I agree with Milton that the board should address it's obligation to follow
the bottom up task force recommendations.  I also think that with regard to
the .org task force, there are ways it can address areas of the TF
recommendations that it believes are incomplete or vague.   If it does not
in a way that is not inconsistent with the .org task force, then it has less
explaining to do.

It would also seem to me as a practical matter that the board could reject a
DNSO TF recommendation for good cause, but if so, it would seem better to
send the matter back to the DSNO to repair or restate the recommendation,
rather than just do whatever the board likes.   Otherwise, serious people
will see little utility in working on these task forces.

  Jamie