[ncdnhc-discuss] Committee on ICANN Evolution and Reform Seeks PublicSubmissions

Alejandro Pisanty - DGSCA y FQ, UNAM apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Mon Apr 1 09:13:23 CEST 2002

Hi Milton, and all,

1. the committee on evolution and reform is a committee formed by the
Board to prepare input for the reform process, with as much and as good
input as possible from the community. It is no more "Alejandro's
committee" than the NCDNHC is "Milton's constituency".

2. the ways to put "political pressure from the outside" on ICANN all seem
to involve the executive or the legislative (now also the judiciary)
powers of the government of a single country. I detect a contradiction
with the principle of internationalization, and with the supposed aversion
to the intervention of governments, to which many have reacted after
reading Prof. Lynn's proposal.

3. so I would repeat a call to work for a reform that shapes ICANN in such
a way that it can really aspire to obtain control of the root, before the
governments really take the matter in their hands, and before the reform
becomes an all-business proposition (many of you have already seen the
proposal for a trade-association-only).

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Director General de Servicios de Computo Academico
UNAM, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
Tel. (+52-55) 5622-8541, 5622-8542 Fax 5550-8405
http://www.dgsca.unam.mx
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, www.isoc.org
=====>>> Participa en ICANN, www.icann.org