[ncdnhc-discuss] Names council candidates

Alejandro Pisanty - CUAED y FQ, UNAM apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Mon Sep 10 05:16:39 CEST 2001

Chun,

the reason we have separated NCDNHC from individual participation is that
individual domain-name holders may be using the domain names they hold
commercially (not as consumers but as providers: you may or may not have
heard of commercial consumer but surely you know that individuals make
businesses in order to make livings!).

So we do not have anything against the commercial use of the Internet, by
either commercial organizations or by individuals. Only, in the
non-commercial domain-name-holders constituency we only group
non-commercial organizations.

As long as we are within the Domain-Name Supporting Organization, we
consider the interests of such organizations distinct from the broader
issues which could accreu to the At Large.

Of course, the confusionthat is growing here makes it very difficult for
people to simply read, understand, and keep in mind these distinctions,
which have been the founding premises and could serve us well.

Alejandro Pisanty

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
UNAM  -  Educacion Abierta y a Distancia
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
Tel. (+52-5) 622-8713, 622-8633 Fax 550-8405

http://www.cuaed.unam.mx
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, www.isocmex.org.mx, www.isoc.org
=====>>> Participa en ICANN, www.icann.org
---->> Internet y Sociedad? www.istf.org