[ncdnhc-discuss] DNSO Board election, NCC support who?

Dany Vandromme vandrome at renater.fr
Sat Sep 8 17:39:37 CEST 2001

Indeed, it has been difficult to discuss about that before.
My (symbolic like Raul) vote would be for Amadeu.
I did support his nomination and Paul's one.
These are the only two candidate I would vote for, because they know
enough ICANN.
Paul does a great job within the DNSO, in particular he was the most
active in the NC to raise the WHOIS problem and to oppose to ICANN
staff, willing to manage it without stakeholder consultation.
Amadeu took several times, adequate positions in the new TLD process and
in various topics. Furthermore, Amadeu has always been receptive and
open to discussions with us (and other stakeholders), even after he
started serving as director. That's for me an excellent argument to
favor my vote. (This argument is also pertinent in the AtLarge proposal).
The 9 At-Large directors issue should not be considered here as a valid
argument, since the discussion about the ALSC proposal has just been
started in the constituency and the consensus has not been reached yet.

My Choice would be
1 Amedeu
2 Paul

Last but not least: The NCDNHC voters in the NC should be aware of all
kinds of strategies in the vote process. I would not advise to play
games with that and to vote straight and directly for the preferred
candidate, from the beginning.

Cheers
Dany

Milton Mueller wrote:

> This discussion is way too late.
> I have trouble voting for Amadeu because
> he does not support 9 at-large directors.

> At 10:29 PM 8/09/01 +0900, Adam Peake wrote:
> >There hasn't been any discussion of who the NCC should support in the
> >upcoming election.
> >
> >My support is for Amadeu Abril i Abril.
>
> I agree with you. He is a hard worker and a reasonable person.
> Is more than many people in ICANN can offer us.
>
> He has my vote (symbolic) .
>
> Raul.

Dany VANDROMME                    |  Directeur du GIP RENATER

                Reseau National de Telecommunications
         pour la Technologie, l'Enseignement et la Recherche

                                  |  ENSAM
Tel   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 30     |  151 Boulevard de l'Hopital
Fax   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 31     |  75013 Paris
E-mail: Dany.Vandromme at renater.fr |  FRANCE