[ncdnhc-discuss] Fw: [council] GAC and country name reservations

YJ Park yjpark at myepark.com
Sat Sep 29 13:35:14 CEST 2001

Dear members,

Philip, NC chair, asked views from each constituency regarding
country name reservations. Please, unfold your views.

Taking this opportunity, I want to share my concern in "country
names in other IDN character sets" reservation practice without
proper consultation process.

DNSO/ICANN has been providing its views regarding English and
Latin based domain names which this community has believed to
have expertise on this.

However, as many of us have admitted DNSO/ICANN at this current
stage cannot be recognized to provide such an expertise yet. In light
of this, WIPO cannot be recognized as such to provide expertise in
Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Tamil, Hindi, Urdu, Cyrillic, etc
either.

There should be more efforts to be made to bridge existing gaps
between the ASCII domain name stakeholders and Non-latin domain
name stakeholders.

Regards,
YJ