[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: [ncdnhc-announce] WATCHTV.OR.KR application

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Wed Sep 5 17:31:03 CEST 2001

Thank you for your information. In case there is any confusion,
a web site in English is not a requirement for membership in the
NCDNHC. ;-)

However, those of us who do not read Korean will
need to rely on Koreak-speaking members for support or
questions.

>>> "DAGAinfo" <dagainfo at daga.org.hk> 09/03/01 03:55AM >>>
I would like to support the application of watchtv.or.kr
Unfortunately the website is in Korean.
I think its a wonderful project of the YMCA of Seoul Korea.

CHAN Beng Seng
DAGA,
Hong Kong.

1. What is the name of your Organization?

Audience Act for Good TV programs

2. Is the Organization a member of any other
constituency in the Domain Name Supporting
Organization of ICANN?

No.

3. What is the major domain name of the
Organization?

watchtv.or.kr

4. Does the Organization have a website and if
so, would you provide the URL?

www.watchtv.or.kr - There is no pages written in
english...

B. Contact information for Representative of
Organization

1. What is your name and title with the
Organization?

Eom Hong Seok
program director

2. How can other representatives reach you?
(email, telephone, fax appreciated)

e-mail : among05 at ymca.or.kr
Telephone : 82-2-738-7799
Fax : 82-2-739-3118

3. How is it that you have come to represent the
Organization in this Constituency? (Please
furnish appropriate indication that the
Organization has authorized your participation,
for example, vote of membership, vote of
directors, action by officer(s) or consensus of
members.)

mandate from volunteer members

4. Are there other representatives from your
Organization who will be participating in this
Constituency? Is so, who is authorized to vote
on behalf of the Organization?

 no

C. Purpose of Organization:

1. What are the Organization's primary
activities?

  TV and CATV program monitoring

  2. What are the Organization's primary
activities on the Internet?

 - open the monitoring result to the public
 - supply information for understanding mass
media
 - communication among the monitors and directors
 - online campaign

  3. Please furnish a statement of how the
Organization's purposes and activities conform
to the NCDNHC Constituency's goals and
membership requirements. This should be a
narrative statement which specifically describes
the Organization's purposes and activities and
may include references to charter or by-law
provisions.

Internet as one new media has become one of
emerging concerns.
We have some concerns on internet governance as
general consumers.

 D. Type of Organization:

  Please furnish information regarding your
Organization's legal status -- is it
incorporated (if so, in what jurisdiction) or
unincorporated? If incorporated, doe it have a
 not-for-profit or non-commercial status?

 Non-profit organization

 E. Size of Organization:

  The NCDNHC will have two subgroups: one for
Large and the other for Small Organizations.
Please indicate the category of membership or
employee size. If the Organization has both
members and employees, please answer both
questions.

  1. Are you a membership organization? If so,
does the Organization have under or over 1000
members? What type of individuals or entities
are members of your Organization?

 We are a membership organization. Now we have
under 300 members. Everyone who is interested in
our activities can join and work with us. Our
members is composed of various age(form
teenagers to old man) and various occupation
(like housewives, students, professor, lawyers,
etc)

 2. If you are a non-member organization, do you
have under or over 200 employees?

Only a few staffs

 F. Conflict of Interest

 Note: Conflict of Interest may or may not be a
bar to joining the NCDNHC.  The hope is that by
circulating information about our views,
backgrounds, and possible conflicts of
interests, others in the NCDNHC will have a
better idea how to interpret and weigh the ideas
that we put forward.

  1. For the Organization:

  Please furnish a brief statement concerning
any possible conflict between the goals of the
Constituency and the Organization's purposes,
functions or activities.

  Has the Organization been involved in Internet
governance before?  Does it have any developed
positions that you would like others to know
about? If so, please describe below or provide a
URL.

 No.