[ncdnhc-discuss] Resolution on ORG Divestiture

Barbara Simons simons at acm.org
Sat Oct 27 07:49:24 CEST 2001

I support the comments made by Hans and Kathy Kleiman.
In my experience people are far more likely to speak up
when they are unhappy with something than when they
are in agreement.

Also, we should not lose sight of the fact that the NCC is
by far the most open of the constituencies.  We need to
nurture that openness.  The best way I can think of doing
so would be to develop a set of policies on net etiquette
whereby personal attacks and general nastiness would
be considered a violation of constituency rules and grounds
for exclusion from the list.

Respectfully expressed disagreement and debate are
appropriate - insults and personal attacks are not.
I hope that we can support the former and reduce or
eliminate the later.

Regards,
Barbara