[ncdnhc-discuss] .biz lawsuit stalls

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Fri Oct 26 17:10:43 CEST 2001

At 07:54 AM 10/26/2001, Jonathan Weinberg wrote:
>Since the court has already decided that plaintiffs are probably right, it's
>likely -- though not certain -- that the final order will be in
>plaintiffs' favor.

The issue was about misrepresenting a news article's statements.

The Reuters article stated that Neulevel would be free to proceed.  That
makes the lawsuit largely irrelevant to the conduct of name
registration.  It is entirely possible the Reuters article gots its facts
wrong.  However that is irrelevant to the point I was raising.

The point behind my posting NOT about legal facts.  It was to observe that
we were being given a fundamental distortion of the contents of the article.

d/