[ncdnhc-discuss] .biz rollout further delayed

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Fri Oct 19 16:50:48 CEST 2001

At 07:37 AM 10/19/2001, David Corish wrote:
>To overlook another Neulevel delay as "...nothing at all...", is certainly

David, I apologize.  I thought English was your native language and that my
writing was simple and clear.

Apparently you have confused my comment about the information content of
your own statement with a non-existent comment about factual matters
pertaining to NeuLevel's delay.

"Nothing at all" pertains to your information -- that is, to your lack of
it -- not to NeuLevel's situation.

You stated you had no information.  Hence your statements were quite simply
nothing other than baseless conjecture.  Among friends having a casual
discussion, that sort of comment would be fine.  In a formal forum that is
supposed to be doing constructive work, it is at best irresponsible.

>   For a registry to
>seek additional delay(s) AFTER the originally scheduled rollout, only shows
>they didn't test there system adequately in advance.  You disagree here?

Ahhh.  Thank you.  This highlights the problem very nicely.  You apparently
do not have much experience doing testing and even less experience with
aggressive deadlines.

Yes, I disagree.

To provide a simple example of the deficiency in your view, I will suggest
that you plan for every possible thing that will happen tomorrow.  You are
allowed to have no surprises.  None.  You have lived for years, so of
course you know what will happen tomorrow.  Right?

>If you're privy to the real reason Neulevel seeks another two week delay,
>perhaps you'll share it with us and prove me wrong.

Another error, this time with logic.

You do not get to make baseless claims and then lay out a challenge for
someone to prove you wrong.  The usual example to demonstrate this problem
is to challenge you to prove that you do not beat your spouse.  (Remember
that getting your spouse to state that you do not beat them is not proof,
since you might have coerced them.)

When making a claim, the burden of responsibility is on the person making
the claim.

In other words, you.

d/