[ncdnhc-discuss] Pre-registration of .museum names has begun

Marc Schneiders marc at schneiders.org
Thu Oct 18 21:13:05 CEST 2001

Well, ideally we would like to expect rijksmuseum.museum to point to
the museum in Amsterdam, which has both Rembrandt's Nightwatch and is
a major architectural 'thing'. I have no idea how to make this come
true (in a general way, I am sure .museum will not give rijksmuseum to
someone else). So either we have a good DEMOCRATIC organization
ruling all this, or it is completely open. At present we have
something in between, a regulated market. Who likes that, apart from
those who got a piece of the cake and can eat it?

--
Marc at Schneiders.ORG