[ncdnhc-discuss] Resolution on ORG Divestiture

Chun Eung Hwi ehchun at peacenet.or.kr
Thu Oct 18 06:06:33 CEST 2001

Dear Adam and others,

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Adam Peake wrote:

> >  2. That sponsorship of the .org TLD should
> >  be placed in the hands of an organization that has
> >  strong support from the NCDNHC and that will use
> >  revenues from the sale of registrations to support
> >  the participation of noncommercial interests in the
> >  ICANN process.
>
> This sounds like blackmail (you want .org, you pay my airfare.)
>
> I would much rather see something offering our support to any
> organization that wishes to sponsor .org.  An open offer to work
> with, advise, etc.

Two elements - one is the support of NCDNHC and the other is the expected
plausible contribution of sponsoring organization - seem to be
interlocked, which could definitely make misunderstanding. I agree to
Adam's opinion for more open offer.

Regards,

Chun Eung Hwi
Chun Eung Hwi
General Secretary, PeaceNet | phone:     (+82) 2- 583-3033
Seoul Yangchun P.O.Box 81   |   pcs:     (+82) 019-259-2667
Seoul, 158-600, Korea       | eMail:   ehchun at peacenet.or.kr