[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: [ga] Comments from JPNIC and JPRS

Jefsey Morfin jefsey at wanadoo.fr
Mon Oct 8 19:30:52 CEST 2001

On 18:33 08/10/01, Dave Crocker said:
>And no, please do not say "just accept all applications" or any other
>similar simplification.  It is necessary to pay attention to operations
>effects and, therefore, to make suggestions that reflect responsible
>enhancements to current administration and operations procedures.

I was not aware there was current administration and operations procedures.
Just a complex enough contract policy to make sure Jones Days is paid $
100.000 a month. I certainly concur with the need to pay attention to
operations effects, the problem is to know who is to do that as the Root
Operations Manager position is still open.

Since you seem informed, could you be so kind as to quote the URL for the
current administration and operations procedures. To my knowledge they are
RFC 1591 and its ICP-1 mirror for ccTLDs and RFC 920 for the other TLDs.

I would also be genuinely interested in knowing what is the difference you
make in term of network operations between a new TLD registering SLD and an
SLD used to register 3LDs. Except that may be a TLD may be more easily
supported.

I thank you for your cooperation.
Jefsey