[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: [ga] Comments from JPNIC and JPRS

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Mon Oct 8 18:33:27 CEST 2001

At 08:29 AM 10/8/2001, Milton Mueller wrote:
>"ICANN's recent introduction of the new gTLDs was less than swift,
>and cost no little expense. This is one of the main reasons to stimulate
>alternate roots activities. ICANN should accept the criticisms it is
>receiving from outside the organization and reflect them on its activities."
>
>If so, we can make progress.

Milton,

If you acknowledge that the primary reason for slowness is the amount of
delay caused by constant carping and demands that every action and nuance
of action be subject to a fishbowl of public participation, review and
approval, then perhaps we CAN make some progress.

In other words, it is not interesting to say that things move more slowly
than most would like.  To make REAL progress, it is essential to say WHY
they move slowly.

So, Milton, if you really want to make progress, how about making
suggestions for moving the process more quickly.

And no, please do not say "just accept all applications" or any other
similar simplification.  It is necessary to pay attention to operations
effects and, therefore, to make suggestions that reflect responsible
enhancements to current administration and operations procedures.

d/